Monday, September 13, 2010

so so so so....

Ah God is my strength o!

Now I understnd why my mum always smiled and said 'cool down' everytime I talked excitedly about getting married. I remember my first post on this blog, i wrote about getting to meet the inlaws..... well my turn don come, go. So I finally met the other part of his family after days and months of freaking out and i realized i was scared of NOTHING! i had so much fun there, first was savouring a plate of fufu (which i havent eaten more than 3x in my entire life) and there was the glorious chicken pepper soup...hmm and the very funny grandma with her flawless english, i certainly had a beautiful time there BUT.... , the part of having to put up some kain kain berra person shows didnt come too easy...and i've concluded that the 'meet the fockers parents syndrome' is with us to stay. All in all,meeting his people "officially" was way easier than the main introduction.

When the ultimate question was thrown at me, I burst out in laughter, I kept actin like one silly little girl while my uncles sat smiling at me with the drink in hand. "Nonye, this young man has brought us drink, can you please tell us what this is about and should we proceed to accept the drink?"  na so i tear laugh again o, i probably thought this was one of those Nigerian movies, and my fine boi dude was just staring at me like 'is this girl alright'. Well I responded with "it is what it is"..(thank goodness my dad wasnt there, he wld've embarrased the living heavens out of me). Back in his room, boo looks at me and says 'so we're doing this for real?' and i respond 'u're stuck with this bad gurl for life' and he says 'u mean the twins up there' we laugh and share a kiss and am off to my room thinkin in my head 'surely as the Lord lives, there aint no going back!"

Bottom line ; ONE DAY E GO BE YOUR TURN! :)

13 comments:

  1. Nne are you confused? I hope you think very well before the answer. Anyway kudos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, if i confuse no be laugh i go dey laugh na....the whole thing just seemed funny to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na my brother u de carry do yeye abi???Take ya time nnwanyi ok....
    Ya blog is wearing a nu garment and i trip jealously...
    Well, e go soooooooon be my turn cos nah so soon.
    Well don and congrats darl,see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey enybee! no be yeye o, i tell it as it is...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Na wa oh! Anyways, I like dat guy sense of humour. Can I say I envy him? There, I said it! Sue me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nonye u no well ooo, so instead of answering the question u was just laffing. anyway congrats to both of u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well, yeah right...but that your laugh:

    "Nonye, this young man has brought us drink, can you please tell us what this is about and should we proceed to accept the drink?" na so i tear laugh again o, i probably thought this was one of those Nigerian movies, and my fine boi dude was just staring at me like 'is this girl alright'.

    Anyway its nice...and i love your story dear.Ride on...my brother nah STAR!!!cos he tickled u :)lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear I am on rampage today on your blog!!!! Where have you been all my blogging life?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @HoneyDame: LOL knock yourself out! am retaliating now now now! :)

    ReplyDelete