Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lost and Found!

You see am one of those women who believe its almost impossible for a man to lavish gifts and favors on a lady without other motives. I met this guy in 2006 through a friend and we got really close, he was SUPER rich, funny, lively, great height, not so handsome (even though he believed he was Denzel), and EXTRA SUPER ARROGANT. This guy spoilt me well, I mean in a way no man had prior to meeting him.  We continued to be just friends until I found out he was married with 2 daughters, I started to look at him in a funny light like how could he not have told me he was married.
To cut a long story short, I went for NYSC and he offered to get me a car, at that point I had to ask him what he wanted and he gave it to me out rightly

”Nonye are you okay? I send my driver to pick you up, get out of meetings to take your calls, step out of my bedroom to talk to you, send you tickets when you need to travel, gave you someone’s two months’ salary to go to NYSC camp with and you open your mouth to ask me what I want! ok, I want to be your brother! This girl you be pikin? Look ,I like you too much to want to get upset with you right now , so pls don’t let me’’.
I don’t know if I captured everything he said but anyways my mouth hung open until he finished.  I just told him I needed to clear my head and he hung up immediately. I cried and cried that day, prayed my heart out and sent him a message that I couldn’t be who he wanted me to be to him. He replied and said we’ll see in heaven. For days I walked around like a moron, and of course everyone came with their opinions, some said God will forever be proud of me, others said I shoulda let the guy take good care of me…. I simply missed my friend.

In August 2009, some random guy started a chat with me on facebook and very very unlike me, I responded though reluctantly. After a few chats I started relaxing more with him, I didn’t waste time in asking his marital status and he didn’t lie. He was married with 3 kids, he even went ahead to send me their photos and told me how much he loved his wife and didn’t want ‘anything’ from me. I found it really weird and kept asking why he would chat with a stranger on facebook and he always just insisted that he didn’t want anything from me. We continued to talk and I started to believe and trust him. When he came down to Nigeria, he insisted that I come to see him with my fiancĂ© as he wouldn’t have it any other way. We have continued to be friends and sometimes I forget that we’re not biologically related, he told my hubby that I’m his adopted sister and I call him my adopted uncle (he’s much older). He has been there for me spiritually and otherwise, I cannot mention the things he has done for me here out of respect for both him and my husband but I can say that there are very few men like this and even though I still believe that most men wont just do things for a lady without wanting something back, I must say that this one is a rare kind. He may not have given me as much material things as the other guy but he is the real friend I lost and has definitely given more!

*forgiveanytypo(s)*

15 comments:

  1. hmm rare indeed, i rarely here of such stories. your blessed with a true friend. lucky u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally rare. That is serious good luck sha oh!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, how i wish i had a friend like that. Most guys always want something from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not very common, I kept thinking the guy will show color. He is a good example of why we should never limit friendship. Thanks for sharing and taking part in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. having a friend that is there for u at all times no string attached is so rare

    ReplyDelete
  6. well said ya'all! thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, you can convert toasters to friend. because its very hard to meet guys with no intention. i have several that are now my great friends.

    However, it depends, like the case of that married guy. i wouldn't want to have a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Doll: true!.well which of the married guys do you mean?? cos if its the second guy, he's the friend every human being should have. My older sister uses him as an example when talking to people about friendship, my husband is a witness too even though it wasnt too easy for him to accept at first.... he definitely knows better now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a lost and found. People come into our lives for a purpose. Glad you found a real friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God blesses us with different things n he has definitely blessed you with a good friend. Men like him r very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God blesses us with different things n he has definitely blessed you with a good friend. Men like him r hard to come bye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Yeaol: very true! thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting. ur rily lucky cos its quite rare. if i were 2 judge from my personal xperience with guys, i'll tell u ho ha! dat a guy n a girl cannot b besties but alas! ur case is different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can imagine. I have had such close shavings with friends like that. But at the end of the day, they all want the same thing. However, I have work who worked in the opposite direction. He wanted to date me, and when i declined, we remained friends. We are still friends 4 years after..I am still bidding time and cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. there is nothing strange or weird about trying to be friends with a female even when you are married. I do agree that it goes against conventional wisdom but on the other hand. "no be every man wey say hi wan be more than friends". Good blogspot.

    ReplyDelete