Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All below 70, get on your knees!




You would really be insensitive if you have not noticed the rate at which people are dying these days’ especially young people.  What happened to the promise God made to us concerning the number of our years? Didn’t He say 70 years? And 80 years by reason of strength?? (Psalm 90: 10)  I think this thing started in 2007 and has gradually continued to increase.  People no longer grow old, obituaries reading 60 yrs and less. The fear of who’s next stings me every once in a while, which is why am writing about it now and I sincerely pray that this post changes the life of someone.

I was in a meeting last week Thursday when my phone rang and it was my sister, she said my childhood friend and neighbor was dead, a trailer crushed the vehicle he was traveling in. Two nights ago, my friend put up the picture of a very cute lady on his BBM…. The lady was dead too! 31 yrs, breast cancer. So I ask, what is going on?  I strongly believe that young people need to return to God, we’ve strayed somewhere and somehow.  ’m not saying that these people who died are guilty of any sins in particular but it’s clear that the devil is attacking our generation and we’re all too busy chasing fashion, music, gadgets and fame!

Its almost as if technology has drained our sanity, young people know too much these days and our parents are old school…we no longer listen to them when they admonish us. But hey! Watch it!  I don’t know if this could be another reason we’re losing our young and vibrant friends but a scripture readily comes to my mind “Exodus 20:12 Honour your father and your mother THAT YOUR DAYS WILL BE LONG …. Eph 6:2 this is the only commandment with a promise” I don’t know who you are but someone is gonna need to call their father or mother to make things right again.

I really have no answers to give, I only think we should re-consider our ways, and this is not by going to church but by living everyday knowing that we’re in a race and we would one day reach an ultimate destination – heaven or hell is completely ours to choose. We need to get our minds back and not lose the heaven consciousness.  When you drive, remember Christ, when at work, remember heaven, when you talk, consider the Holy Spirit, whatever you do, keep God at the centre…….Get on your knees and pray!
 
Enjoy this soul lifting song: Moving Forward




7 comments:

  1. Nonye, you are absolutely right. It is becoming increasingly alarming. Just yesterday, my sister told me how her friend's cousin died. A girl in her twenties! O lord have mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear, something has got to give....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on this Sis. The death rate is increasingly alarming and bothering and until "we PRAY without ceasing, we'll perpetually fall PREY without seeing".Multiple Thumbs up sis. The world should read You and eventually get to see you too.*smiles* Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only God knows oh! I believe that everybody who takes that ultimate journey, whether young or old, has fulfilled what they were on earth to do. No one's time is ever cut short because God is the one who allows ever birth and every death.

    It's true though, it's like an epidemic or something :(

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true and i agree that too many young people are dying. Will pray or keep praying against deaths occurring in young people.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's soo true and it really shouldn't be...good people are dying way too young nowadays.It sometimes drags me into brief episodes of "freethinking" as I sometimes question why God allows it to happen. RIP TK!!!

    ReplyDelete