Wednesday, April 13, 2011

.......Help me with a TITLE!

First, never again will I make a promise not be away from blogville for too long cos even when I mean to keep it, things just keep coming up and it makes me feel like a liar liar (which I try not to be).

Eemmm, where do I begin today's post? Ok! the Friday before the cancelled elections, I had gone to the market straight from work to get a few stuffs and as expected the market was very rowdy like Lagos was closing down.
On my way out o, na so one man from no where just came to my side and took a long look at my heavy chest and muttered to himself   "chai, see wetin my fellow man dey enjoy o". I heard him very clearly and I didnt know whether to laugh or get upset. I felt embarrassed and thought there was something wrong with the statement, so in the bid to validate my thoughts, I told my husband the story and he scattered laugh......he thought it was sooo funny. Well maybe now I do too. Oh! the pains of a booby queen!

Ehen, pls whats the big deal about someone's BIS expiring??? so what if reactivation fee is 'just' 3k, does that mean people are not allowed to be broke for a moment again? My friend's BIS expired and he was off for a day or 2 , when he re-activated, he said his BBM mysteriously disappeared from his phone, so that explains his 2days absence.. really? what kind of unnecessary talk is that? Last month my BIS was off for quite a while, but how did that  change who I am? I had a lot of pressing needs and I didnt realize I hadnt included blackberry in my budget for the month, it was my hubby who eventually paid the subscription. With more important issues like a deadline to make a payment for my car, buy one or two new things for the house, send  money for a very important need back home etc, should blackberry be my priority? I certainly missed it cos of how much my work was slowed down but excuse me people have been working before BB madness was unleashed. mcheeew!  If you're broke, you're broke, it doesnt mean its forever. Rich people get broke, banks get broke, countries get broke! ah ah!  People really need to stop attaching too much priorities to things that are trivial, life is already complicated, lets not make it worse.

Lets continue jare, my day job! (*sigh*) , I totally love what I do but sometimes I feel like there's so much more locked inside me... oh I know there is.  Restlessness in one's spirit is a sign not to ignore... the gift of a man really doth make ways for him, still trying to figure which of my gifts would make that way but you see, I sent my short story "Nnedi" to an editor and by the time she was done working on it, I thought Chimamanda had copied my work! LOL... seriously am thinking seriously, like seriously! Might this be the gift? I dont know o cos I dont consider myself that much of a writer especially when  I read Glory Edozien and Wana Udobang's stuffs on BN. God helep!


*sure you know hardly edit so forgive any typos or complete olodoism*

2 comments:

  1. Chai! Nigerians can form oh! Did the guy have to tell that story. I honestly don't understand this BB craze. Maybe it's the novelty, like the way there was a chat craze when the internet was getting popular.

    About the writing, if you love it then work it!

    And i wish i was a booby queen lol

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete