Friday, December 2, 2011

One Year After.....

So it was my one year wedding anniversary last Sunday and I had so much planned for the day but things came in between. I had to see my sister-in law in school to drop off something and it was quite a trip, got ill on the way and back home I felt crazy! Basically hubby and I could only get lunch together and both slept thru the afternoon. In the evening he got a gift from me in kind and by the next morning he reciprocated with a beautiful black Marc Jacobs bag.

Below are a few lessons marriage has taught me:

1. Don't talk about everything you see or hear

2. Never ever compare your marriage with another's. You have no clue what goes on in other people's homes.

3. Each marriage has its own template. Do not edit another person's own, create yours.

4. When it comes to in-laws, allow wisdom to truly be profitable to direct

5. Pray for your spouse!

6. Secrets can kill a marriage

7. Money and Sex are two primary reasons couples divorce!!

8. Never let an issue linger longer than it should. Give the devil no room!

9. Respect your spouse

10. Be accountable to one another.

I know there are surely many more lessons to learn and I pray to God to help me not miss a thing!

Happy anniversary to Muse and I!

21 comments:

  1. Runaway bestie mi! Congrat to you and Mr Nonye....May God make your friends of each other till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I wish you many more years of happiness together. Amen! :)

    foreversweetlybroken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basic lessons! Congrats on ur anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dearies!!!

    @Honeydame: but i'm back nah :) I no run again....how are u enjoying ur world tour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Experience is the best teacher....keep learning the good lessons. Congratulations...one year down...many more mileage for the plural you

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!!!!!!my dear, you will continue to soar and soar in marriage in JESUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!!! Thank you for the wise notes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats dear. You will enjoy many more years with your hubby and children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats gurl...those r some great lessons u've learnt so far....enjoy n have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  10. learnt from those points above, Congrats(already said this via bbm ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats girl! I wish you many more years of a happy and fulfilled marriage

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats dear..may God keep u n ur hubby happy all d days of ur life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations.These are wonderful lessons. I personally believe marriage is a bed of roses. It is a beautiful thing but if partners are not careful, the thorns will prick and cause pain. I wish you many more fruitful and beautiful years

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! It isnt easy.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. May you enjoy more beautiful moments and continue to bask in the celebration of your marriage on all days.May you always look at your husband, the man whom you chose to spend the rest of your life together, with a glow of love and a feeling of being blessed. Happy anniversary Nonye!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all soooo much!! I appreciate the love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. There are so many lessons to learn in live. Sigh

    Adiya
    Muse Origins
    Muse Origins FB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulation to you Nonye and happy anniversary, you will always be called blessed in your home,May the love keep waxing strong for it can only get better every passing day....lot of love to you, i learn a lot by reading your blog, keep it up dear, kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete