So it was my one year wedding anniversary last Sunday and I had so much planned for the day but things came in between. I had to see my sister-in law in school to drop off something and it was quite a trip, got ill on the way and back home I felt crazy! Basically hubby and I could only get lunch together and both slept thru the afternoon. In the evening he got a gift from me in kind and by the next morning he reciprocated with a beautiful black Marc Jacobs bag.
Below are a few lessons marriage has taught me:
1. Don't talk about everything you see or hear
2. Never ever compare your marriage with another's. You have no clue what goes on in other people's homes.
3. Each marriage has its own template. Do not edit another person's own, create yours.
4. When it comes to in-laws, allow wisdom to truly be profitable to direct
5. Pray for your spouse!
6. Secrets can kill a marriage
7. Money and Sex are two primary reasons couples divorce!!
8. Never let an issue linger longer than it should. Give the devil no room!
9. Respect your spouse
10. Be accountable to one another.
I know there are surely many more lessons to learn and I pray to God to help me not miss a thing!
Happy anniversary to Muse and I!