Friday, August 2, 2013

So why isnt he proposing na?!



Let me start this post by saying that I hate to feel or sound like I know it all when it comes to men and marriage cos I don’t know jack!  I’m still wearing a major L sign on my neck. However some things are plain for all to see, whether single or married. So please I am not doing this post from a married woman’s point of view even though I will chip in a few things marriage has taught me.

Here we go!:
Sometime last week, I was chatting with someone who says all men cheat, that its impossible for man to have one girlfriend. I tried to point out to her that while I will not vouch for anyone, I do know there are men who have much more important priorities in life than to run after different women. I doubt her perspective changed but really that’s her.  This is what I believe, if men constantly cheat on you, lie to you or make you a side dish, sister  re-evaluate yourself! It is okay to go through disappointments in relationship once or twice, I mean sometimes that’s how we learn to differentiate between the good and the bad BUT if it happens to you more often than mentioned then something is wrong with you! Yes I said it! (Sue me please!)
Ask yourself how come every man I meet just wants sex?  Is it not your fellow women these men are engaging and marrying weekend after weekend? Why can’t it be you?  The answer is simple; the man doesn’t see you as a wife! Do you even see yourself as a wife? When you have 10,000 female friends, you tell us on twitter and bbm how you downed half a bottle of Henny mixed with vodka and ogogoro, club 109 loading, club 17 down, 19 to go…c’mon na!  Even wives drink, wives club with hubbies but the magic formula is moderation, discretion and self-respect!  Check yourself and the seemingly tiny things you do that give you away as wild, loose and wayward, those might be why men think you are just a play thing.  

Here are 5 things that might help somebody:

1.  Carry yourself like a virtuous woman; pretend you have kids waiting for you at home. When you open          your mouth to talk, pretend your husband and kids are listening

2.    Drop some friends! You heard me! Men don’t take women who have too many female friends                     seriously.  When next you wanna hit the movies, try going alone. It is easier for a man to approach you           when you are alone than in the midst of 8 friends.

3.  Form values for yourself and wear them on your forehead!  #nuffsaid!

4. Please please and please again, be ‘aware’! You don’t have to know every topic or pretend to know           but at least have an idea. Be able to make meaningful contribution to important topics. Linda Ikeji’s blog       is not the only thing on the internet; find out what’s going on in other parts of the world, sports, fashion          etc.  if you are a fashion-conscious person, even if you buy your clothes from Balogun market you should      know Giuseppe Zanotti, Manolo Blahnik etc. ( I don’t own any pair from them but I at least I know who      they are)

5.  PROVERBS 31: 30! #cant be over emphasized!


Have a beautiful weekend! And go get that brother!!

Hubby and I at the defunct Bacchus Club...sometime in 2010 after work (pre-marriage) 

17 comments:

  1. just as if I knew I was going to find an interesting read on your blog today lol! well said my dear, I hv picked up one lesson from here

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks NG, i was even still editing and updating when your comment dropped. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post! these things need to be said as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gbames gbam I was in a wedding ceremony in house on the rock and the preacher was saying some things everyone found amusing and I thought to my self this is so true. He asked the grooms men how many were married only one raised his hands and asked the bridesmaids how many were married none.And he said to the man apart from the married man all of his other friend are not welcomed in his circle ,only during child dedication or birthday and said to the wife that none of her single friends are welcomed within her circle except on the above mention. He gave biblical and concrete reasons why that is so. For you to find a wife or husband you have to begin to act like one mentally physical emotionally financially educationally in fact in all ramifications . When I see young girls with Ipad Kindle, I phone black berry all in the same bag and yet you cant write a 10 page assignment for uni and you are looking for who to do it for you and you here them say things like a friend gave it to me. first and fore most one device out all of the above can do all what the others can do so why do you need all of them secondly the power of google can help you write a thesis in a mater of days plus some of our lectures are too lazy to read past the first paragraph anyway so considered that at your advantage. Going for trad weddings in those days was to go and work these days asuebi na ari ibe ya elu During my sister in laws wedding most of her friends instead of helping out to serve guest wash up etc they where all looking pretty with high heels mummy looking makeup and nasty attitude about their wants and dislike that I did not tell off a couple of them was because of the love and respect I had for my sis in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chei! Chei! My sister you have said it all! Woman know your worth, finish! Thank you Nnoye and thank u Anonymous 6:12! I am blessed by the write up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True word nonye! Well done! I hope our sisters r listening..... A good lady will always attract a good man, that is d truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said Nonye and also ladies stop living a fake life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with this article. Men respect women with values, and values are not hidden and cannot be 'pretended'. You either have it or you dont. That not withstanding though, some men are idiaats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies shey una dey hear? Na ur fellow woman dey talk so o! Take clues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much to take away from this post, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right on point Nonye,believe me i have learnt something new from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good one dear! Well said! Our value system is gradually being eroded by trends. We need to guide the younger n some older generation come back to the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely put dear! We(Ladies)need to be prepared. Rather than looking for MR RIGHT. Work on being the right person(MRS RIGHT)for the kind of man you want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Word!!! @ Anonymous 6:12: I couldnt agree more with you! You are very correct

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv u nonye, God bless

    ReplyDelete